SIKUMAT® SG …Ratcheting with balls
The torque is transmitted via balls which are pressed into detents via Belleville springs. When the preset limit torque has been reached the balls rise out of their seatings and slot into the nearest respective detent – until the overload has been eliminated. This characteristic, together with the special geometry of the detent gives the SIKUMAT® a very high response accuracy.
- Very high response accuracy through the ball principle
- Integrated fixed bearing
- Keyway in connecting flange for maximum load capacity
- Calibrated micro-adjustment of torque setting possible, even post-installation
- When the preset limit torque has been reached the SIKUMAT® ratchets.
- Automatic re-engagement of the SIKUMAT® after the overload has been eliminated.
- The overload can be indicated by a proximity switch. This means that the drive can be switched off immediately or another control function can be activated.